This Green Chile Dip recipe, with loads of cheese, melted to perfection, is the perfect warm dip to serve for your next game day.
With a cream cheese base and lots of green chiles, this easy appetizer is warm and delicious. You’ll want to eat it with a spoon, but chips are great too.
Warm Cream Cheese Green Chile dip is delicious! This dip is good for game days at home, watching movies on the couch and sometimes even lunch. No judgment here. There’s never a bad time to serve this.
Why You’ll Love This Green Chile Dip Recipe
This green chile cheese dip has all the flavor of the chiles with little to no heat. It’s easy to make, easy to serve and easy to eat. That’s my kind of appetizer recipe.
A warm cream cheese dip is rich and decadent. And it pairs really well with salty tortilla chips, crackers and veggies.
Related post: Jalapeno Popper Cream Cheese Dip
Dips takes very little effort to put together and this one is no different. Just pop it in the oven and go about your business.
This easy green chile dip is great to serve at a party or whenever you want a tasty snack.
Don’t wait until football season to make it. The holidays are also a great time to try this easy hot dip.
Scroll down to the end of the post for a printable recipe card with full measurements and more detailed instructions.
- Green Chiles
- Cream Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Dippers: tortilla chips, pita chips, vegetables, sweet potato chips
I just love the flavor of green chiles. And buying them in the can means that all of the work is done for you. Hatch is a well-known brand that tastes delicious! But you can use any kind of diced green chile you can find at the store.
If you want to add some heat, you can swap out one can for a can of diced jalapenos. My face is not cute when I eat hot things so I never make it this way.
When all of this comes together, it makes a delicious dish of dip.
How to make Green Chile Dip
To a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, cumin, cheddar and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
Put the cream cheese mixture into a baking dish and bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
In a dip emergency you could totally dig into it now. It won’t be satisfying the way a warm, cheesy dip can be. But it’d work.
You’ll want to serve this delicious dip as soon as you can once it’s out of the oven. The warmer the oozier.
What to Serve With Green Chile Dip
Other dipping options include celery sticks, carrot sticks, and breadsticks.
If you’re serving this warm Green Chile Dip recipe during a party you can place it in the center of a platter with veggie sticks and tortilla chips around the outer edge.
I’m not saying that a pizza bite is a great dipper idea for this green chile goodness. But I’m not saying it’s not…
- Using 2 cans of the diced green chiles ensures that every bite is full of them! YUM!
- This dip mixes best when the cream cheese is softened to room temperature.
- It’s easy to reheat the dip in the microwave as needed.
How to store leftovers
While there may not be much left for leftovers, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. It will last for about one month in the freezer.
But if you’re like me and know there is dip in the house, you won’t need it to last a month.
Creamy, cheesy and delicious, this easy hot chile dip recipe is one that will help get you through any stress-eating situation that comes up as we bring 2020 to a close.
More dip recipe
- If you’re into Jalapeno Poppers, you need to try this Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip with salty dried beef!
- This tasty Hot Bacon Cheese Dip is good for every occasion ever invented on earth.
- Get outta here spinach! This green-free Hot Artichoke Dip is comfort food at it’s finest.
- And don’t sleep on dessert dips. They’re a great way to end a meal!
- Beer Cheese Dip is full of flavor and a unique dip idea that your guests will love.
- You’ll love the flavors of this tasty Bruschetta Dip!
- This Truffle Burrata Dip is a game changer.
Green Chile Dip
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, mayo, green chiles, salt, cumin and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Spread in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes or until the dip is heated through.